Welcome to Huckleberry Cottage - The Blog! I would love to "chat", so please leave a comment :)

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Post to Read...

There have been a few teen suicides in our area this past bit. My son is the friend to one of the siblings of one of them.  I am lucky enough to have a relationship with him that we talk about everything, and he felt like he could talk to me about it, and vice verse.  I have wanted to write about this, but didn't know how to go about it. Then, my good friend who I am so lucky to live by, did. I feel like she hit the nail on the head with this topic.  It's not a happy post in the least bit. But I think it is something we should all read and think about. If you want to read it, and I think you should, go here. Come back and post about it if you want to....

I hope you all have a great day!!!  My prayers go out to those families that are suffering at this time.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey, the link doesn't work. I think you typed hppt in the beginning instead of http.

Jessica said...

I think that was a good post, an important post. When I was in the 8th grade, the boy who sat next to me in seminary committed suicide. It was really hard to understand. I still have the program from his funeral in my journal.

Tanya said...

Thanks Jessica...I fixed it!

Marci said...

i'm so sorry that kam is having to deal with this. it's such a hard thing for them to understand and deal with the feelings. good thing he has such a great mom!