Welcome to Huckleberry Cottage - The Blog! I would love to "chat", so please leave a comment :)

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Simply Simplify...

So with a couple of days of summer behind me....I have realized that I need to "lighten up" on some things. I realize that my house is not going to always be clean, especially with 4 boys around. I need to not be frightened that someone is going to come to visit and there will be a mess, because there most likely will be. I need to not worry about things that are out of my control, and take care of things that are in my control. And to do these things, among others, I need to simplify a few things in my life, but I'm not quite sure how to do that...so I am turning to you, my friends, for advice. How do you simplify things in your life? How do you choose what to simplify first? Please comment, even if you never have before!!! I would love some advice.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I had a girlfriend 15 years ago that has long since gone away. Bless her heart, she was a great friend, mother, and wife-- but a lousy housekeeper. She taught me a lesson in life -- I've been to many funerals and not at one was anyone described as a great housekeeper... there were great mothers, great wives, community leaders and friends, but not once did anyone brag on clean houses. the house will live without the vaccumming... think about it....

Celeste said...

I think you are AMAZING at what you do! You really have chosen what matters most - family! Your boys are the most well-behaved, good-natured kids I've ever met! You've concentrated on them and it shows. As for having time...I stay up WAYYYY to late, and wake up WAYYY to early...squeeze a few extra hours in that way. There's GOT to be a better way...

Just SO said...

Two words. Paper Plates. I LOVE them.

I'm not the best person to ask about simplifying right now. As I'm in the midst of painting my kitchen and that's been anything but simple. But I am trying to downsize the stuff that we have. And right now if you were to visit me it looks like my kitchen threw up in my living room. Which, basically, it did. My bathroom is horrendous as is the rest of the house.

But you can bet your sweet patoot that we're using paper plates. Oh yes we are. And they are making things a bit more simple.

Marci said...

oh honey if you figure it out will you let me know? unfortunately with my husband's little ocd problem he doesn't quite understand the whole messy house thing because i'm really good at letting that slide.;D hope you can come on monday. if not i hope you have a fabulous trip with your sweet little family.

Marci said...

wilkinson...i think you were home and you didn't come today.;( we missed you and hopefully you have a darn good excuse! i have your package from jessica...you have to come get it!